Through our supportive housing programs, Solid Ground helps homeless families break the cycle of homelessness and poverty for the next generation. There are many ways you can support the families at Solid Ground!
Gifts of all sizes make a difference!
- $25 provides school supplies to support a child in their education
- $100 provides budgeting classes for a parent
- $500 pays rental assistance for a family for one month
- $1,000 provides tutoring to a child for an entire year
Please mail your donation to:
East Metro Place
3521 Century Avenue North
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Leave a legacy by including Solid Ground in your will or, save taxes through gifts of appreciated stock or proceeds from your IRA. Contact Executive Director at email@example.com or 651-846-9019 for more information on planned giving options.
**Current needs during pandemic:
- toilet paper
- mixing bowls
- baking items
- coffee pots
- silverware sets
- casserole dishes
- pots and pans
Thank you for your support of our mission during these unprecedented times.
We accept a variety of new and gently used furniture and household goods in order to help our families set-up their households. Each year we also hold a variety of special drives for school supplies, coats and gift cards to help our families meet their basic needs throughout the year.
We no longer accept furniture donations. Instead, we will be utilizing Bridging, a local nonprofit that specializes in furniture donations, for our families needing furniture when they move in. If you have furniture that you were looking to donate, we encourage you to consider looking into Bridging.
For a list of the items that we are generally looking for and do not accept, check out our basic needs wish list. Our offices have limited storage space and we don’t always need all items, so please contact our Volunteer Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-846-9024 before bringing in any donations.
Please note that we do NOT accept:
- Items that are not new or gently used
- Clothes, shoes, jewelry, and accessories
- Used toys & stuffed animals
- Used pillows
- Older computers/TVs
- Used/opened cleaning or toiletry products
- Travel-sized toiletry products
- Used brooms, brushes, or mops
- Beach towels
- Books, cards, & knick-knacks
- Seasonal/holiday items (except by approval)
- Broken, torn, or stained items of ANY kind
We also accept vehicle donations through Cars With Heart.
Corporate Sponsorships & Giving
There are a variety of ways that we work with corporations and we would be happy to talk to you about ways for your company to get involved. Please contact Executive Director at email@example.com or 651-846-9019.