If You Need Help

Solid Ground provides a variety of supportive housing options for families experiencing homelessness.  Families are defined as a head-of-household with physical custody of at least one child under the age of 18.  Our supportive services are offered exclusively to families in our housing programs.

Solid Ground only received referrals through the local Coordinated Entry systems in Ramsey and Washington Counties.  For detailed information on housing availability and eligibility, contact:

East Metro Place and East Metro Place II

Transitional and permanent supportive housing.  All units receive Section-8 rental assistance and families have access to a variety of supportive services.  Families are referred to East Metro Place by Coordinated Access to Housing and Shelter (CAHS) in Ramsey County.  If your family is experiencing homelessness in Ramsey County, begin by calling 211 from a landline or 651-291-0211.

Home Again

Provides six to twelve months of rental assistance and supportive services to families experiencing homelessness in Washington County.  Families are referred to the Home Again program by Coordinated Entry in Washington County.  The coordinated access services for families with children are accessed through the St. Andrew’s Community Resource Center at 651-762-9124.


Provides twelve to eighteen months of rental assistance and supportive services. Families are referred to the HomeSafe program by Coordinated Access in Ramsey or Washington Counties.


Permanent supportive housing for long-term homeless veterans and their families. Veterans are referred by the Minnesota Homeless Veterans Registry, the US Veterans Administration and other veteran services organizations.

Homework Starts with Home

Provides prevention, rehousing, and time-limited rental assistance and supportive services to families living in the Moundsview, North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale, Roseville, and White Bear Lake Area School Districts. Families are referred to the Homework Starts with Home program by Community Social Workers within their school district. If you have a child in grades K-12 in these school districts, begin by contacting your school district’s homeless liaison.