“My experience with Solid Ground has been great. The case managers are very responsive and will advocate for their residents, while also keeping in consideration management ability to maintain an operational property. They are very quick to take care of any issues or concerns that might come up. They will also follow up at least once a month, if not more frequently, to check in with site staff to make sure everything is going smoothly. I am happy to continue working with Solid Grounds and to provide stable homes and community to those who need it.”- Site Manager
How Master Leasing Works
Solid Ground’s Master Lease Program makes it easier than ever for landlords to fill vacant units with ready-to-rent tenants, while helping families find a place to call home.
- When you join the Master Lease Program, you agree to lease vacant rental units directly to our organization.
- Solid Ground becomes the lessee (or co-signer) responsible for paying rent and caring for the units. Leases are typically for minimum of one year.
- As the lessee, Solid Ground subleases each unit to a hard-working family in our client base.
- The Master Lease Program gives the families we support an opportunity to build their rental history when they might not otherwise qualify for a market rate rental—an important step toward breaking the cycle of homelessness and poverty for the next generation.
The Benefits of Master Leasing
Solid Ground helps families obtain and maintain permanent housing, while also providing risk mitigation and a range of benefits for landlords like you who partner with us.
Key advantages for landlords include:
- No more vacancies. You let Solid Ground know if you have vacant units, and we quickly match those units with families looking for housing. No marketing needed!
- Guaranteed, on-time income. Master leasing means Solid Ground is responsible for paying rent directly to you and covering any costs that may arise from damage to units.
- Prescreened “smart” renters. Our team prescreens potential tenants and helps them become “smart” renters through our services and support. Many Solid Ground families complete tenancy training, household budgeting and other classes that contribute to high success rates in their new homes.
- Ongoing support for tenants. Solid Ground families receive ongoing support after securing housing. Our staff conduct regular home visits to ensure that clients are doing well at home and at work and getting the support they need to succeed. We work to identify any issues early, resolving them before they become problems.
- Ongoing support for landlords. Solid Ground works hard to be responsive and supportive to landlords’ needs to ensure successful leasing experiences for all. Our team of professionals has a wide range of expertise, including property management experience. If problems arise, we work to ensure that problems are resolved fairly. We care deeply about our relationships with landlords.
Other Ways to Partner
Unable to participate in our Master Lease Program? You can work with Solid Ground in other ways and still fill your vacant rental units:
- Rent your property directly to a Solid Ground family. We create opportunities for landlords to relax rental screening criteria and still enjoy tenants who can live independently and afford their rent. Solid Ground families receive monthly rent subsidies paid directly to you, and your exposure is reduced through our Landlord Risk Mitigation Fund.
- House a family leaving our program. After completing our program, families’ biggest barrier to permanent housing is finding a landlord to accept them. By working with Solid Ground, you not only give families a new “lease on life”, but also make our community better for all!
“The most valuable attribute to the partnership with Solid Ground is the collaboration they bring. With family education and collaborative meetings, they work with our management team to offer the best housing experience for all involved with their program. Solid ground stands with the property management team to provide the best services to the families we house.” — Senior Property Manager